Monday, November 1, 2010

A little futbol

Soccer may not be a huge deal in the States, but here in Moldova, these people are crazy for it... literally crazy. The picture above is from a game I went to recently. Moldova vs. Finland, it was a Euro 2012 qualifier and was held at the national stadium here in Chisinau. It was a great game, Moldova was the underdog, but ended up winning 2-0. Towards the end of the game, they had to bring out the riot police and they held the Finland fans in their section until everyone else cleared out. If you would like, some of the highlights can be found by pasting this link into your browser, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATxpyfotp0. It was nice to be able to get out and really enjoy the city and share a national past time with the locals. It is really starting to get cold here and it seems as if we skipped right over fall and moved on to winter already. The heating system in our apartment is controlled by the local municipality, so we are not really sure when they turn it on. Hopefully soon! I am still really enjoying my time here and the work I am doing is getting more interesting as I get more deeply involved in the processes. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. Although it is not celebrated here, I will be sure to get together with a group of my American friends and make a giant meal. I hope everyone is doing well and I thank you all for your support. Also, in case you don't have it, my email address is bkbkline@gmail.com. Feel free to email me at anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment